If you do not wish to provide personal information to us then you do not have to do so, but it may affect your use of this website or the services we offer.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this policy with a revision number and date. You should check regularly to ensure that you are at all times aware of the current statement.
The use of the word “you” may refer to individuals or legal entities including suppliers.
Collection of personal information
We may ask you to provide the following information:
- contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as address, postcode, preferences and interests;
- bank account information;
- or any other information relevant to providing a service to you.
We do not collect sensitive information about visitors to our website. However, we may collect from you sensitive information in person which is relevant to providing a direct service to you.
With respect to our websites we may log information about your access and use of our site/s, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our site/s, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
If we receive your personal information from third parties, we will protect it as set out in this policy.
Use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including to:
- to better understand your needs, enabling us to improve our services;
- to customise the delivery of specific services for you;
- for internal record keeping including payment processing where applicable;
- to circulate information and or news items about our services;
- direct marketing; and
- to contact you (by telephone, email, social media, fax or postal mail) for survey or other purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing specific services to customers where express permission has been granted
- for the purpose of trading with suppliers
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and
- to other parties with your express permission in order that a service can be provided to you.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you please write to us at PO Box 118, Capalaba, Queensland, 4157, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond within a reasonable time. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time and will endeavour to promptly correct any personal information found to be incorrect so that the personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website at www.myhorizon.org.au setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Information transmitted over the internet cannot be 100% guaranteed to be secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us using electronic means.
Web Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Amendments to this policy
This policy may be amended from time to time. The most up-to-date policy is always accessible on Horizon websites or by request at email@example.com.